Monday, January 17, 2011

A purse debacle


I am constantly faced with the very important task of deciding what vessel is best for transporting my things. It is hard, and although it does not involve solving world problems or pursuing inner contentment, it is a very important aspect of the day to day and for this reason I ponder. The first problem is quality and style. I constantly struggle between splurging on a nice purse that I will have forever and just throwing all my stuff in a reusable shopping tote or old knapsack. I also struggle with size. It must fit all things important, but not be too big and definitely not give me hunchback shoulder. Finally, color. In fashion, different colors are constantly coming in and out of style and really who cares, right? But seriously, black or brown?

I am going through a purse frustration period, and for this reason I have sold my current purse on eBay and ordered this:







A simple black lesportsac tote. We shall see.

I would now like to hereby recognize the immense shallowness of this post. Who freaking cares what purse you buy, Blaine?!
But it's on my mind, and sometimes wrestling with our shallow ridiculous selves is part of realizing contentment. And even the the most self realized yogic gurus need something to put their stuff in, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment