Friday, January 14, 2011

Josh Radnor, I think I love you.

At first I thought you were just some second string sitcom actor, doing a slightly funny job on a slightly funny show. The straight man to Neil Patrick Harris' hilarity, you seemed like any ol' New York actor to me. See, here you just look, well, kinda boring.

Then, I found out you played The Graduate and I gained a new respect for you. Slowly, you and How I Met Your Mother won me over. You got funnier and funnier, and your talent began to show. Episode after episode, I found myself chuckling at your "normal guy playing the dating game" routine. After all, somebody has to be the straight man. And as with any show, once it gets a little momentum, even the straight man becomes funny. See Friends.



Now I find out you've written, directed, and starred in your very own film! Not only did you do this, but your film looks quite good and it did very well at Sundance. I am extremely stoked to see it*. The the trailer can be viewed here. A bunch of people just trying to figure out life and how to be happy- I love movies like this!

Just look at you... Directing.

I think I'm in love. Platonic imaginary artist love, of course.



*That is to say IF I ever see it. As the movie release gods have not been too kind to us here. Withholding Blue Valentine from me... so wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment