Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Buddy

One of the great disappointments of my life was never obtaining a my buddy doll. I SO very much wanted one. They seemed so real. So life like. So much better than a cabbage patch. And later so scary, as they went on the inspire the Chuckie movies! Ahhhhh. Scary!

I now have my very own little buddy at school through the Starfish Initiative. The Starfish Initiative is a mentoring program based on a fable about a boy who tried to throw a starfish back into the ocean that had washed up on the shore of a beach. The boy's grandpa approached him and said "Hey boy, why are you wasting your time throwing back that starfish? There's hundred's of them and it won't make a difference". The boys looks up at his grandpa and says "it'll make a difference for this one". Get it? I'm making a difference for the one starfish.

So, my buddy came by and he's super excited about hanging out with me tomorrow. I couldn't help but to sing the song from the commercial at the top of my lungs!

My Buddy! My Buddy! Wherever I go, you go. My Buddy! My Buddy! My Buddy and Me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment