Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Containment-Contentment. Clever purse pun? Auto-Correct Nightmare? Freudian slip? Stupid Error?



Lately, I've had a few errors in my blog. I'll admit, sometimes I don't check my work when I write. Sometimes I type so fast, click submit and never look back. Blaine, why would you do that; it's going to be on the internet? You ask.
Well, honestly I don't know. I guess I want to believe that somehow I can vomit write things and that they will make sense. I'd also like to think that through my ramblings and mistakes, I could find some kind of clarity about myself. After all, as annoying as stream of consciousness writing can be at times, it is also fascinating to read as it is revealing and refreshing.

For example, yesterday in my post (a purse debacle), I referred to the struggle for inner contentment as "the struggle for inner containment". Interesting, as purses are used for containing things. I'd like to say that I did that on purpose. A clever purse pun for my readers. But no, I wrote, I skimmed, and I clicked submit.
Was this a Freudian slip of some kind? Does my use of the word containment reveal something about me? Maybe my iPad's auto-correct is acting as my id?
But really, maybe I'm just lazy, rushing, or going through the motions with no regard for the product. Is it possible to find a happy medium? A place where I am writing freely, yet free of mindless errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment