Monday, March 29, 2010

While the cat's away...


So, I'm officially home alone for a couple of days. Jason went on his school camping trip that he goes on every now and then for an Outdoor Education class at his high school. Why anyone would want to go camping with high school kids is beyond me, but whatever floats your boat, right?

Anyway, I'm home alone! It's really fun to be home alone. I get to do all the things that I feel weird about doing when Jason is home like deep condition my hair and walk around with it in for like 20 minutes, make myself extravagant dinners and drink wine alone while looking at magazines, watch 4 episode of Gossip Girl in a row, play dress up in my clothes and pretend to be in Gossip Girl, and let Edie sleep in the bed all night long. For those of us who are quite proficient in our Sex and the City vocabulary, these are called "secret single behaviors". I am not single, nor do I want to be, at all- yuck, but sometimes a girl needs her "me" time.

BUT, as Kevin McCallister learned in Home Alone, being home alone is only fun for, like, a day. Who's going to get the robbers if your all by yourself, Kevin?

Last night, there was a really scary thunder storm and all I could think as Edie and I cuddled in close was "Jason, come home".

No comments:

Post a Comment