Sunday, March 21, 2010

race face


Today, I ran a race! Yes, a 1/2 marathon. 13.1 miles for those who don't know. It was a blast.

After stuffing our faces with massive amounts of mediocre "Italian" food at the Olive Garden, Carrie, Jason and I passed out at the Shell Island Resort in Wrightsville Beach, NC. We were only to awaken at 4:30 am wondering if we were ever going to see the mediocre Italian food again before the race began (you know what I mean...). We were then met by Jessica (Jason's little sister, who has recently has jumped aboard the running train) and headed for the start of the race. It was dark. We almost caused a riot by accidentally jumping ahead in the port-a-potty line. And, then...BANG... we were off!

We ran! We talked! And after, woah, we ate A LOT! It was really fun. I think the best part was watching the sun rise while running and chatting with my sister.


We all finished and we all set personal best times for ourselves (official time results can be seen here) and a special shout out goes to Jessica who finished her first half marathon in under her estimated time limit. Go Jess!

Pictured, you will see Carrie (with Jennifer Aniston arms) and I (with creepy cracked out smile) about .30 mile away from finish. Smiling and definitely happy. I've just resolved myself to the fact that no picture of me running will ever look great. All that really matters is that we had a great time and are happy with our accomplishment. Yay!


1 comment:

  1. Yes! We look delirious! But at least we don't look like we have downs this time. I love it! Now, why are you ranked 320 and I'm 321? We had the exact same everything! We should be identical twin sisters!

    ReplyDelete