Wednesday, March 21, 2012

On the bandwagon or not?

If you haven't been living in a hole, you might have heard of a newish television series that you must watch.  Everyone is talking about it, which often makes me want to dislike something, but when Friday Night Lights, Mad Men, Six Feet Under, Breaking Bad, and Gossip Girl run out, it's time to try a little something new.  I'm game for that.  This is why I gave Downton Abbey a chance.  I've seen 3 episodes and I'm not convinced.  Here's why:

1) I don't care about any of these people.  Yes, I know I've only seen 3 episodes but isn't it the show's responsibility to make me care about these people so that I want to continue to watch?

2)  I can't figure out who is who.  They all look the same!  Who's a servant?  Who's a richie?  They are all so white...and British!

3) What the F is Downton Abbey?  The main guy says in the first episode that he cares about Downton Abbey more than anything else.  But what is it?  It's not a farm, not a business...is it just a big ass house?  Do they all just live in the house and walk around and talk to each other?  I'm not down with that.

I'll give it a few more episodes before I make my final decision, but they better hurry up and make this thing good soon, or I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment