Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Numbers are Hard



Hello, My name is Blaine and I am Mathematically Challenged.  I need help.  I do.  Numbers and Math seriously paralyze my brain.  It's always been this way since I can remember.  I was a great speller (almost the 5th grade Spelling Bee School Champ, had I not spelled quail like quale), a great scientist, an OK writer, an OK reader, and enough personality to get me into a sufficient amount of trouble.  But Math, oh man, I feel bad for my teachers in school.  I would whine and complain and cry "I dooooooon't understaaaaaaand", and to my credit, I didn't understand.

Things that I have not been able to calculate recently:

1) 26.2-19= the difference between how much I must run on March 18 to complete the Tobacco Road Marathon and my longest long run.  To freak out or not?

2) 32+40+16+24= the amount of liquid I have had to drink today for post 19 mile hydration

3) 620 x 60 = the amount of calories I will burn doing a 60 day Bikram yoga challenge

4) 185-X= the amount of days left in this school year

5) (180 x 2)X = the least possible amount of calories that I will consume in beer to make it until the end of the school year

6) 351-351= the amount of money I will have to go shopping after my car payment clears

7) 2,863/2 = the amount of miles that Jason and I will each drive as we trek to Oregon in a few months





No comments:

Post a Comment