Friday, March 30, 2012

Bikram Yoga 60 Day Challenge




That's me in the back, not the guy.

Here's the official report:

It's day 7 and I feel great!
I'm on spring intersession now so it's not hard to make the time to go to yoga, nor am I stressed out and annoyed to the point that I just want to go home and drink beer after school. I'm drinking plenty of water and I'm forging ahead. I feel like last year, while trying to do the 30 day challenge, around this time I had already begun to feel the wear and tear of a daily practice. However, this time around I feel much stronger.

Along with the 60 consecutive days of yoga, i am also taking off about 40-50 days from running. Not running has been interesting. It's been two weeks since the horrid Tobacco Road Debacle Marathon, also marking two weeks since I last ran. I miss running. I fantasize about putting my shoes on and just heading out the door- going until I want to stop. But, strangely, or maybe not so strangely, I feel grateful for the forced opportunity to take a break from running. It will afford me a greater a appreciation for my running practice and I look forward to that. Sometimes in order to truly reflect upon something, you must step away, gain perspective and assess the full picture. It's also an interesting experiment in my running fitness: how will it feel to not run for a over a month? Will I lose all of my training? Will 3 miles feel like 5, 5 like 7, and 7 like a marathon? Will my form and breath change? Will I be stronger? Weaker?

Only time will tell.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment