Sunday, September 19, 2010

An old familiar place

Yesterday, Jason and I had a few minutes to spare in Durham. Why not go for a little walk in the Gardens? I used to go here as a child, and I'll say, it's crazy how much larger it all seemed back then. I remember feeling as though it took hours to walk from one side of the Gardens to another, when in actuality we did it in about 30 minutes. I also remember feeling as though certain parts were my little secret places, and really, these places were not secret at all. They are very prominent, and even have signs. As a teenager, we used to sneak in the back at night and do the things that teenagers do. And now, as a 28er, I think some picnics might be in order.


Contemplative me.


My friends, sunning.


Not little anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment