Thursday, September 23, 2010

...and then I found 5 dollars...


Today, I forgot my wallet and I really needed to buy myself some coffee after my run. So, Wendi Love loaned me $5.00, as any great friend would. This got me thinking about how good it feels to forget your wallet. Not because you have to borrow $5.00 (that actually feels a little funny), but because there is something so freeing about not having anything. No wallet. No phone. Just me. And now my, or Wendi's rather, $5.00. I miss the days of paying in cash for things, keeping your money in your pocket, and having to go to someone's house to use the phone.
Perhaps, I will become a crazy old bag lady who lives in the woods with no money and no phone..."off the grid". OR--- maybe I'll just make a habit of "forgetting" things every now and then. Sometimes, it feels good to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment