Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Friend or Foe?


This guy has been camped out at our back door for a few weeks now. At first he left his web up during the day and would go and hide somewhere. Then, I started to use beer bottles to take down his web because I didn't like this big scary guy at my back door (He is super scary, the picture does not do him justice).

So, I took down the web. "Ha..that is that...no more spider", I thought. But instead of it being over, he came back...and now, he just takes down his own web every morning, and rebuilds it every night. Smart spider, no?

Jason likes this spider because he is cool looking and eats the moths that congregate by our back door light. But, I have never liked spiders and definitely do not like this guy. However, I think I do respect him for his resilience and steadfastness. Maybe a lesson to be learned here?

No comments:

Post a Comment