Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Elephants = love!



As an elementary school teacher I am often asked mundane yet thought provoking questions such as: What's is your favorite color? Favorite food? Favorite season?
It's somehow refreshing to have to consider questions like this. And, I often find that one's answers to questions such as these tend to reveal an awful lot about his or her true self (or Self).

So, recently I was asked what my favorite animal is, and it didn't take long to come to the conclusion that the elephant is the one for me!
Not only are elephants exotic and somehow dinosaur-like, but they are some of the kindest creatures on the planet! They are loving to each other and other animals around them.
They have the ability to create compassionate relationships and feel grief when one of their own dies. Amazing! Elephants also exhibit signs of self-awareness!

Elephants are absolutely beautiful. They are the largest mammal on the Earth, yet their hugeness is filled with grace. Each movement is slow and deliberate. Perfection.
Throughout time elephants have been in symbol of wisdom and intelligence. I mean, their brains are bigger than ours! Maybe elephants should be running things...

And this is the conclusion of my report on elephants.

I hope that one day, in another life, I can be an elephant too.

No comments:

Post a Comment