Monday, December 20, 2010

Salsa Pants: A funny story


After my last post, I got to thinking about my old friend, Kristin. I've been reminiscing and rehashing old funny stories and good times together. An especially funny tale comes from the days of middle school, 6th grade, I believe.

Kristin's mom would often come and pick me up and drive us both to school on Fridays. These were special days as Kristin and I relished the idea of getting to arrive to school together. To make these days even more special, her mom would sometimes buy us breakfast burritos, one of Kristin's favorite breakfast items at the time.
Now, on one particular friday, Kristin has just been shopping at Limited Too. A moment on Limited Too- If you are a girl my age, you know that Limited Too was the place to buy your clothes. Purple pants, body suits, the logo sweatshirts, blossom hats, etc... So on this day Kristin was wearing her brand new Limited Too white jeans and shoulder-less purple plaid bodysuit. Just picture it.
So, Kristin's mom is driving us to school on this Friday and she bought us some breakfast burritos. And naturally, what goes great with breakfast burritos? Salsa, of course.

You can probably imagine what happened. I am putting salsa on my burrito, and next thing I know salsa has squirted from the salsa packet onto Kristin's sparkling white denim.
Hi-lar-i-ous!
Kristin freaked out, I felt terrible, and a funny story was born. I can't remember exactly, but I do think she spent the day at school like that. And, I squirted a little salsa on my pants to make her feel better.

Funny. Or...Maybe you had to be there?

No comments:

Post a Comment