Monday, December 20, 2010

Decorations


One of my happiest Christmas memories is driving around at Christmas time with my childhood bestie, Kristin. We would listen to the Mariah Carey Christmas CD, sing at the top of our lungs and laugh so hard as our stomachs felt that they would burst from all the candy we had eaten. Her mom would drive us around to see Christmas decorations. I can still envision what her mom's car looked like and what it felt like to sit in the back seat. It was just plain old fun. The lights were magical, although we were probably way more excited by the subsequent sleepover.

Now, as an adult, I think about how much work it must be to decorate the house. I just don't see myself as a decorate-the-house-with-lots-of-lights kind of person. But one can still enjoy the lights and the nostalgia. And that's what we did. Last night, Jason and I enjoyed some Christmas lights. Sans Mariah Carey, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment