Monday, November 22, 2010

November 2010...deceptively somber


November has come to be one of my favorite months over the past few years. November is the month of our wedding anniversary. November is the month of, not one, but several school holidays. And, November has Thanksgiving- one of the holidays which I find tolerable and actually somewhat enjoyable. November has come to be the new October! Better leaves, better weather!

But this year, something strange has happened. This November has been riddled with tragedies and family crisis. Without going into too much detail, sparing those involved and their loved ones, I will just say that this November I have heard about 4 deaths, 2 family crises, and one in between. What is going on??? Dealing with this much sadness is tiring and makes one wary of hearing any news at all for fear that it is another piece of sadness.

I am just having faith that good things are happening somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment