Friday, November 19, 2010

All too easily we forget...


I've done a lot and yet not a lot in my short yet long 28 years of life. And somehow, within the confines of this life and the world, I seem to forget what it is that I have done and what it is that I need to do. I can't figure out why the day-to-day seems to mask the over-arching theme of life. There has to be a common thread, a path, down which I am traveling and without shaking myself to wake up from the banality of the day-to-day, I may not wake up until it is too late. And then I will think to myself: What have I done with my life?

Things that I have done:

1.) Survived 28 years, 4 months, 1 week and 1 day without ever becoming an alcoholic, a drug addict or a self-righteous christian and without ever breaking a bone or getting a cavity.
2.) Been to 4 out of the 7 continents
3.) Earned 2 Bachelor's degrees and a Master's degree
4.) Run 2 marathons
5.) Taught yoga
6.) Learned to be somewhat conversational in a second language
7.) Co-owned a house
8.) Driven across the USA
9.) Slept in the street
10.) Been in the newspaper
11.) Been in a movie
12.) Fasted for a week
13.) Grown my own food
14.) Married
15.) Acted on a stage
16.) Taught English
17.) Been a pet parent
18.) Been a vegan, a vegetarian, and a moderate omnivore
19.) Blogged my very own blog
20.) Seen a ghost

And...

Manged to cultivate just enough happiness that all too often I forget that there is much left to be done

No comments:

Post a Comment