Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My new path



So, I've been toying around with the idea of a new career for myself. This career would involve some of my favorites things: me, running, blogging, traveling and lots of fancy restaurants.

Here's the plan: I run across the USA, stopping and eating at hip foodie hot-spots along the way while blogging about it. It would become such a sensation that these restaurants would start to feed me for free. Running shoes companies would sponsor me and give me free shoes and running gear. Jason and the dogs could follow me in an RV. I figure at an average of 20 miles a day, it would take 128 days to get to California via I-40. I would then run up route 1 and then back across the northern part of the USA. All together, I'm thinking this would take a year or so, 20 pairs of shoes, and lots of good food.

It would kind of be like when Forrest Gump ran across America, except way cooler. Sure, people have done it before, but are they me? Did they do it while eating amazing food? Did they blog about it? Were they followed by a baby pit bull/boxer mix and a red wolf in an RV?

I even have a name for my project- but my lips are sealed- I wouldn't want anyone to steal my perfect nomenclature.

Anybody want to fund me?

No comments:

Post a Comment