Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Body


I'd like to think that I am slightly more aware of my body and health than the average person. And yet, still, I sometimes forget that my body has organs inside of it. The organs are doing their little jobs and sometimes I ask a lot of them. My heart has to pump the blood, and my lungs are making the air good for me to breathe. If I go for a run, these guys have to work extra hard. Meanwhile my intestines are digesting whatever great or not so great food I have eaten, whilst my liver might be taking care of that extra glass of wine I decided to drink. Sometimes, the organs might get tired or want a break, but they never get to take a vacation. Do they wonder "what's up with that?" I guess not. I guess they figure it's their job and they must do it, until one day when they get to retire to a cabin in the woods.


No comments:

Post a Comment