Friday, October 1, 2010

Airports are weird

It always baffles me that you can exist in this strange in between place where you are neither here nor there. It is only how I would imagine it to be if humanity were to relocate on Mars and live inside of an oxygenated bubble thing that resembled a super sized mall.
Whenever I enter the airport, I am instantly overwhelmed with a sense of craziness, that can only be reined in by going to a place inside myself where I am not actively participating in the ongoing events, but watching, from box seats in my frontal lobe.
You can be certain that you are on the ground. But where are you? Something is not right here. Normal rules do not apply: you must put your toiletries in tiny bottles, pour out your water, pull around your rolly bag as if it were a dog on a leash, and stuff your belongings in and around your person so as to not appear to have too much stuff. But they do have beer. Unfortunately, it does cost 10$, and is served to you by aliens who, by the way, do have to clear security before going to work. Airports are weird.




No comments:

Post a Comment