Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pen Psychology*



You can tell a lot about a person by what kind of pens they use. A great pen is the mark (he he he...mark. Pens make marks. Get it?) of a great person.

I am a personal fan of inky ink pens that slide and glide. The ink flows from the tip as if its eagerness to hit the page could only be matched by its painfully precise point. This point is perfect. A perfect pen can make any writer or handwriting perfect. When I write with a great pen, I feel as though I could write anything for any amount of time. My favorite pen is the PILOT PRECISE V5. Now this is a classy pen! It is the paragon of all pens!

Some people don't like these pens. They say they are too inky. They say the ink smudges. I say these people are boring. These people tend to prefer the typical ball point pen. Its simplicity is comforting. I find the ball point ben to be insipid and pointless (he he he..pointless. Like, pens, they have points). The ball point pen could turn any writer or handwriting into that of a novice. When I write with a ball point pen, I feel as though my writing has somehow lost its panache and has resulted in nothing but scribble scrabble nonsensical note taking.

So in short, pen psychology boils down to this: classy pen= classy writer

So, which pen do you prefer?


*and Pen Puns

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on your pen choice! I am pen obsessed and like to write in anything but black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! Very well written - if you don't mind your mother saying so. Even when you were little, pens and markers were a big deal to you. You were a selective little shopper. I love this - it's so you!

    ReplyDelete