Friday, June 18, 2010

Bon Voyage! Or should I say Bien Viaje?


In a few hours, I'll be waking up at 3:30 am to catch a plane to Miami and then to Guatemala. I'll be studying Spanish, living with a host family and volunteering in Quetzaltenango (Xela) for 3 weeks.

It's been a while since I've been anywhere for longer than a week. The preparation has been pretty intense. Either that, or I've been making it intense because I'm crazy. My head has been full of important decisions such as: Rolly bag or backpack? How many pairs of shoes do I need? Can I run while I'm there? Am I going to get diarrhea? Am I going to get robbed? What book should I take? What if I want those other jeans instead of the ones that I packed? What am I going to do without soy milk?

In the end, what does it all matter?

Important: Have fun. Be safe. Learn a lot. Do good things. Come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment