Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sweat on me on mats on sweat on me




Two yoga classes a day is rough. It's physically and mentally demanding. The heat is intense.
I've never been one to sit out a posture during class and it seems that now I am beginning to make a habit of it. Apparently, that's very normal. It's also very humbling.

I'm sweating a lot! It seems as though i am never dry. Here, you're always wet either from a shower or drenched in your own sweat or some mixture of the two.

It's starting to sink in that I will be living this way for the next 9 weeks. This first week is a big adjustment to a way of living. It's a ride, a journey, a process.

I'm considering these words of inspiration:

Your biggest fear is not that you are inadequate, but that you have powers beyond your own comprehension.

No comments:

Post a Comment