Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My first day





Yesterday was my first day of training. We only had one yoga class and one lecture because they're easing us into it a bit. There are many people here from all over the world and some people are quite jet lagged. I'm reminded of going to London this past April for Carrie's wedding and how incapacitating the jet lag can feel: like you literally stayed up all night drinking. So, it's probably smart and kind to give those folks some time to adjust.

There are 313 of us here. It's pretty crazy to look around the hotel and see it crawling with Bikram yogis. Our yoga room (or torture chamber as the man refers to it) is a giant hotel ballroom that's been converted to a hot yoga room. So during savasana you can gaze up at a gigantic chandelier dangling from the ceiling and wonder if it will fall on you.

That would probably disturb one's peace just a little bit.

Just a little blogging disclaimer: I signed a waiver that says I will not communicate on social media (blogs, Facebook, Instagram, etc...) in too much detail about the training. This is to preserve the integrity of information given in the training and for the confidentiality of teachers and other trainees. So with that said, I'm going to keep my blogging minimal and limited to my own experiences and general details about what I'm doing.
Most likely I'll be doing one of 5 things at any given time:
1) yoga class
2) lecture
3) studying postures
4) showering
5) eating

1 comment: