Sunday, October 2, 2011

Go go go!




Exactly one week from today Jason and I will be pounding the pavement in Portland, OR for The Portland Marathon. 26.2 miles of straight "fun" drudgery. I'm excited, I'm nervous, I'm scared, but most of all I'm hungry! Somehow my body knows that it's time to get serious and fuel up for the task at hand. It's amazing, really, just how smart the body is despite whatever lengths the mind may go to in order to sabotage it.

My body knows to be thirsty, my body knows to conserve energy, and the craziest wisdom of all is that my body knows what foods to crave: whole grains, beans, veggies, peanut butter, and yes, a little meat too.

It's good to know that my mind can go on sabbatical this week while my body runs the show.

Body, take the wheel!





No comments:

Post a Comment