Saturday, May 7, 2011

Trail Magic

The Philosopher's Way Trail Run in Carrboro, NC.

We did it today. 15k (that's 9.3 miles) of twisty turny single track trail chock full of roots, rocks, and felled trees for ones jumping and dodging pleasure.

This picture (which I am fully aware of its gargantuan size on the page..sorry) is actually from last year's Philosopher's Way Trail Race, which just incriminates me further revealing that I have not held up my end of the bargain regarding my promise to take more pictures of things. So damn.

But, anyway, it was a lovely race! The pollen was abated by last night's rain, things were green and the air was cool. Jason got 3rd in his age group and I ran 8 minutes faster than I did last year, even though I did absolutely no training for this race as most of the last month was spent in the hot yoga room. Yay us. And now, beer with lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment