Sunday, April 3, 2011

Welcome to The 30 Day Challenge


"30 Days of Bikram Hot Yoga? You must be crazy!!" You might be thinking or saying this now. And what I would say to you is "Yes, 30 days. I am going to to it. Today is Day 3. Let's hope I can make it!"

If Morgan Spurlock can eat nothing but McDonald's food for 30 days straight, I can certainly do 90 min of hot yoga a day for 30 days, right? I'm stoked about it, honestly.

Apparently, my body, mind, and spirit will change during this time. It could be from dehydration and running from class to class, but we shall see. Mostly, I want to see if I can do it. I've accomplished other great feats in my life yoga journey and this could be fun one too! Plus, with the monotony of life weighing so heavily upon me, I need a little something to spice things up a bit. So for the next 30 days, I will be here everyday for 90 minutes doing hot yoga in a 106 degree room.

Today is Day 3, and I feel pretty good. My body is slightly sore (mostly because I am going to try to keep up a low mileage running schedule too....crazy, maybe) and I think I can feel toxins floating around in my face waiting to escape via sweat in this afternoon's class.

No comments:

Post a Comment