Friday, April 22, 2011

Too many "likes"





So, like.....I've been thinking about the amount of "like" we all have in our conversations. It's like a lot. "Like" is the new "um"...or even just the new quiet pause. Why do we feel the need to say "like" rather than just stop and think about what we are saying? It takes what could be an intelligent conversation and brings it down to a pedestrian level. Perhaps that's why people do it. Maybe we are afraid to sound too intelligent, lest we alienate our less intelligent peers.
I know that I am not exempt from this like disease. It is everywhere. But, I'd like to try to cure myself, or at least get my "likes" to a minimal. If nothing else it is a good exercise in thinking about what you say and the precision of your language.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment