Saturday, April 23, 2011

The spectrum

I'd like to share my favorite and least favorite yoga poses with you today. After 23 days straight of Bikram yoga, i have had a lot of time in these postures and each one reveals something special.
In thinking about why these I have chosen these poses, I have also discovered some things about life off of the mat. This is what I love about yoga.

Ok. Favorite posture:
Tuladandasana (balancing stick pose)





I love this pose because it makes me feel strong. I can feel the energy shooting through my legs and out through my arms. In this pose, I can conquer the world.

Now my least favorite posture:
Salabhasana (locust pose)





This pose makes me feel weak. As my face in smushing into my sweaty towel and my upper body strength is not enough to support my legs, I feel trapped and powerless in this pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment