Monday, March 21, 2011

On western

During my "free time" (this is beginning to feel more and more like what I imagine rehab to be like, which has got me thinking that maybe this place wasn't created to teach teachers something about teaching to relay to their students but rather as a mini rehabilitation center for the withered and crazed teacher who needs retreat from their school), I Thoreaued my way around- exploring my surroundings and retreating within myself.

There was even a pond








The woods









Introspective ponderings









Joyous revelations









Stumps









Facing fears









Going towards the light









Coming out on the other side (which in this case was the campus of Western Carolina University- not a very peaceful setting at all, but ironic and thought provoking nonetheless)










Me, Thoreauing









"You only need sit still long enough in some attractive spot in the woods that all its inhabitants may exhibit themselves to you by turns." Brute Neighbors, Walden, Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment