Tuesday, March 8, 2011

An intellectual rut


People of the courts,

I've come to the conclusion that I am stuck in an intellectual rut this week. I can't get excited about anything from the day-to-day. Sometimes reading something interesting or watching a well-written television comedy will do it for me, but no. I can't even get excited about my coffee in the morning (something that used to be my impetus for rising). Thinking about things to blog about has resulted in pointless discussion of macaroni and cheese and writing acrostic poems with the word BORED.

I need to go on a pilgrimage. Or a treasure hunt. Or vacation.

Or maybe just shut up and stop complaining? I mean, really. Talk about contentment, self.

Things in the present or near future with the potential for hoisting me from my intellectual rut and allowing me to reclaim my seat on the pursuit-of-contentment train:

1) Song lyrics like "When I think about you, flowers grow out of my grave". The thought of zombie love stories= good.

2) In 2 Weeks, I will travel to NCCAT to seminar on "Is There a Children's Book in You?"; maybe there will be...

3) In the month of April, I will do the 30 day challenge- 30 days straight of Bikram Hot Yoga. The 105 degree heat will cause my boredom to burn up and exit my body via steam and sweat.

4) In the next month or two, I will know where we will be next year. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment