Wednesday, February 23, 2011

On educators and bad breath










Growing up, I remember thinking that most or all of my teachers had bad breath. Is it because they were always in my face trying to get me to learn stuff? Is it that most teachers drink way too much coffee and eat unhealthy foods which cause them to have bad breath? Does everyone have bad breath, because it is breath and by definition must be odd smelling in some way? Or is it that teachers are just cursed with bad breath? Like, along with all of the other burdens and difficulties that accompany the teaching profession: low pay, politics, obstinate students and parents, etc... Now you can add chronic bad breath to the list. The sad thing is that as a teacher, you are so often put in positions for people to notice your breath. And its not very respect commanding for you to be laying into a student about the importance of the effort that they put into school and for him or her to thinking Whatever dude, your breath stinks.
The up side to this is that, if per chance, teachers were to become super heroes they would have their stinky breath as an awesome super power for fighting crime.

As a teacher now, I worry about this quite often. I drink coffee. I get all up in my students faces trying to get them excited to learn things. And thus, I might be remembered as a bad breath teacher. I tell you this now because I forgot to brush my teeth this morning and I am almost certain that today I am an educator with bad breath.


No comments:

Post a Comment