Friday, February 19, 2010

TGIF


I feel like such a slave to the five day work week. I think about Friday, a lot. And when Friday comes, it's the best day ever! When it goes, I sit teeming with anticipation for the next Friday. But why? Before I worked a "real" job, I didn't think about Friday like that.

Consequently, Monday has also taken on it's own feeling as well. One of dread and terror. And, whats even sadder is what Monday has done to Sunday. Monday's cloudy shadow has turned Sunday into a day of ruminating over the imminence of Monday.
Again, before I was chasing five day work week, I really didn't care at all.



I know, I know. Some people don't have jobs. Some people would kill for my job. Some people...

Maybe, I'd like a little cheese with my whine.

I want to change this. I want to value all the days and what they bring. I want to appreciate the day, hour, minute or whatever, even if I'm working, hanging out, vacationing, running, eating, having sex, sleeping, yoga-ing, arguing, laughing or crying. Every day has to have some meaning to extract from it, right?

All days should get to feel like Friday.

I'm sorry Monday, I didn't mean to be like that. You have value and importance too.
I promise to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment