Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Children



WARNING: This is going to be one of those things where I say "The world is divided into two groups, those who ....and those who....". I don't really believe in divisive statements like that, BUT it feel as though it works for what I am about to say.

So, The world is divided into two groups, those who believe that their pets are their children and those who don't. I feel like the people who don't believe that their pets are their children either have real human children or they hate animals. Either way, these people usually get pissed off at you when you say things like "Yes, I was hanging out with my children this weekend" or "We took the children to the park" (meaning the dog park and not the playground park). Maybe you just shout "MY CHILDREN!" at the top of your lungs every time you get home and your children (your pets, not the real kind) know that they are, indeed, your children.

I will say though, this can be taken too far. If you believe that your pets are your children and you have done one of the following things, then I give permission to the angry people with real children to come after you:

  1. Made one of those Christmas card photo things with you and your pets in it and mailed it out saying "Merry Christmas from the family".
  2. Allowed your pet to sit at the dinner table with you, in a real chair.
  3. Purchased a ramp or steps that lead up to your bed because its too difficult for your pet to climb up.
  4. Dress your pet up in human clothes, like a lot.
  5. Put diapers on your dog and tried to change them.
  6. Started a college fund for your pet.












So, for now I will leave you with this:

I like to call it "MY DAUGHTER!!!!!!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment