Monday, July 30, 2012

The experience

It feels pretty weird to be officially out of Durham and out of NC for a while.  It's hard to admit, but I actually feel nothing.  If anything, I just feel really excited to get to Oregon. Right now we are in Milwaukee visiting Kurt and Alex, and thats just what this feels like so far: a visit to Kurt and Alex.  No tinge of a feeling that we have moved.  I keep thinking that at some point there will be a moment when we realize that *Oh shit, we live in Oregon now* It could be months before that sets in.

For the mean time, I don't want to worry about what I feel or what I should feel. But rather enjoy this experience for all that it is. We are driving across such a beautiful country and we are blessed with the time and capabilities to really enjoy it. And despite the fact that there are moments when I want to just get to Oregon already-find my favorite bar, coffee shop, running loops, set up our house and put the duvet on the bed-I realize that all of that will come in due time.

For now, carpe diem, muthas!





No comments:

Post a Comment