Saturday, April 14, 2012

You are what you eat




It's an age old, almost cliche, saying but it is true. And never has it been more true than when practicing a lot of Bikram Yoga. With the daily loss of so much sweat and toxins, somehow the body has become a superhuman cleansing machine. But with great power come great responsibility. As the brains in control of what goes into the machine, we have the power to maintain a healthy well oiled machine or a run down previous model.

Thursday after practicing the advanced series of Bikram Yoga (a 2.5 hour 84 posture yoga marathon) I decided to treat my self to some tater tots. Yum, right? Well, yesterday in class as I was doing my thing, sweating as usual, I began to smell tater tots! I was sweating and my sweat smelled like tater tots! This has happened to me other times before as well. Times I've made poor food choices (bacon, fried chicken, giant sub), I almost almost inevitably sweat to the smell of that food. Strange, right? Well, not really when you think about what the body is doing as it sweats. Sweating is meant to cool and cleanse the body. The sweat is cleaning out the junk. If you eat junk, you've got more junk to clean out.

On a side note, not only is Bikram Yoga taking over my life and my blog, it is now in my dreams. Last night I dreamed that I went to school after yoga class in my yoga clothes. This might not be a huge deal if I had been practicing regular yoga, but my Bikram clothes always look something like this:



So, it'd be like wearing a bathing suit to school. I then I had to run through all of these classrooms searching for my clothes. I can't remember what happened after that.

Day 22!

No comments:

Post a Comment