Tuesday, July 20, 2010

One Day at a Time


I've been home from Guatemala for slightly over a week. During this week, I birthdayed, did the ol' back to school/work and started training for marathon #2. I feel overwhelmed. I feel busy. Most of all, I feel worried that I will not properly process my experience. I fear that I will forget my Spanish. I fear that I will forget to make a scrapbook of my pictures or that I will not have time to go and buy a photo album.
My new philosophy you ask? One day at a time. I think that might be a slogan for addicts or alcoholics, maybe. But whatever works!

Hello, my name is Blaine and I would like to be able to manage my life while also living in the moment. (maybe while having some wine on the porch)

And so...
Grant me the...
Serenity to accept things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference

No comments:

Post a Comment