Monday, July 12, 2010

home sweet home



I am officially here...as in home! I got in on Saturday night, after a day of surrealistic travel. Marissa and I were shuttled about, waited, and then shuttled about more in giant objects that fly through the air, unsettlingly so. We hung out in the alternate universes we refer to as "airports" wherein you exist, but don't really exist, and you can purchase a 12 oz. beer for $11.00.

It is always amazing to me how you can wake up in one place and then be in another place when you go to bed. Crazy!

Right now I just have that feeling- it feels so weird and different to be home and yet I feel as though my trip was years ago and I barely remember it.

Despite all lapses in reality along the way, I am incredibly happy to be home and to have had the amazing experience that is Guatemala!

No comments:

Post a Comment