Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Shhh!


On Saturday Jason and I attended a show at the Cat's Cradle in Carrboro. Not only did it make me feel old to attend a show and wish that I was sitting down rather than standing, but...here it is......I was shushed! Thats right. I was shushed. By a Duke fan. What was this duke fan doing at the Midlake concert in Carrboro? I don't know! Apparently looking for an ass kicking! Yes, this happened Saturday and today is Tuesday and I'm still annoyed by it.

Since when did indie rock shows become places of quiet?

Coincidentally enough, this shushing by a Duke fan fell two days prior to Duke winning the National Championship. What does this mean?

Reason 1,204,769 why Duke sucks. The silver spoon fed New Jersey transplant yuppies like their rock shows quiet. That just doesn't sit well with me.

2 comments:

  1. What's Duke? Thats some old tobacco family isn't it? Unless you mean D O O K - which is place that sucks where everyone can go to hell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete