Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The missing piece to my puzzle


Damn. I've been non-blogging for a few days because my awesome friend Alex was in town with her sweet little hubby, Kurt. At this point in time, I am too sad to truly express how much fun we had nor how much I already miss her even though I saw her, mmmmm, yesterday.

Alex is the kind of friend who is so rare, that, well...it makes you wonder how you ever got so lucky. We have so many differences, yet I feel like we are the same. We so completely understand each other. In any given moment I think I know what she's thinking. We can go months without seeing each other (although I wish we didn't have to) and it is like we spoke only yesterday. But, best of all, she makes me feel complete (but not in a Jerry Maguire corny way).

The only problem with getting to spend time with far away friends, is that they eventually have to leave and you are thrust back into your ugly world of non-real friend-ness.

What is it about growing older that makes all the truly important people in your life move far away? Maybe it's the fact that I'm not close enough with my family to consider them my family, so really, my friends are my family. Perhaps, its just me, but I can't seem to make friends who are truly as real and meaningful as my main triumvirate of friends (see diagram below).

Yes, I know, you have to move on, get a job and have a life, blah blah blah. But, if true joy is brought to us in life by the people and relationships that we create with them, why not let's just all be together. Forever.






No comments:

Post a Comment