Monday, July 22, 2013

"Floating the River"

It's a thing people do here in Oregon in the summer. All year long, you hear people talking about this "floating the river" thing.

You might be at the grocery store and hear:

"Yeah, man. We floated the river"

OR, you might be in class and here:

"Yeah, like, floating the river is really fun"

I've been intrigued and in need of some "summer" fun. So we we did it! All you do is go to a sports store, buy some tubes, stop by the groc on the way for some beers, and go to the river with some friends. The one slightly complicated part is shuttling a car from your start to finish point, so that when you finish there's a car there to take you back to the start to get your car. But, you do it and it's done and then you're having fun!

Picture credit (all lifted from his blog) goes to Jason, who brought along his waterproof camera and lots of beers. I lost my first beer in a baby rapid, so Jason drank them all!

Needless to say, fun was had by all and we will definitely be "floating the river"again very soon.

Getting started...it was cold!

mini cooler bungeed to Jason's raft

"I hear rapids"


Enjoying the sun and water. That stick served as good protection.

The rapid on which I lost my beer

Nate gettin' his chill on

Celeste and I enjoying the float

Jason gives new meaning to "redneck" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment