Monday, September 3, 2012

Doing the Thing

Just as we arrived in Eugene, life became a whirlwind of unpacking, exploring, and figuring. Then, came the Hood to Coast Relay extravaganza; and then came a week of pretending like we were on vacation as we hosted Chris and showed him the sights of our beautiful new state. I get the feeling that's going to become a trend as we host our friends. Next up, Marissa! I can't wait to bask in our dynamic duo awesomeness.

I'm looking forward to settling into a little routine in the next couple of weeks before school begins. I think 21 year old Blaine once said "Routine is detrimental to self growth" or something like that. But 30 year old Blaine acknowledges that a solid routine is the foundation upon which adventure is built.  It's also a strong way to return to balance. Currently, I'm hoping to establish a nice balance between my running and my yoga.  I hope to establish routine now, so I can ease my way into what could be a crazy school year as I  get started on my PhD.  To get a start on this, I attended my first yoga class in Oregon. I had intended on trying my hand at returning to Ashtanga, but the studio was closed for Labor Day weekend. So, I hit up Bikram Yoga Eugene. It had been a couple of months since I had done any Bikram yoga, and it felt pretty awesome. It feels even better today, as I am extremely sore and aware of muscles that I had forgotten about in my 2 month hiatus. All I have to do is go back tomorrow. Run the next day...

Eugene is still beautiful. Oregon is still beautiful. Though I miss some people in NC, NC itself seems so far away from where I would want to be right now. And, that feels good.

A little post HTC yoga photo shoot, gotta get back
Having fun seeing the sights
LOVE Porty!
Our own little mountain, a mile from our house
Trails!
Crater Lake! The children couldn't even turn around for the photo because its so beautiful
vast
Come join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment