Monday, December 12, 2011

Dear Santa,

I had this great idea a few days ago to post my Christmas list on my blog for you to see (since I know you check it every day from your Mac at the North Pole.) But then, I thought to myself how un-Santosha it is to be posting Christmas lists on the internet or even thinking about Christmas gifts for myself at all really. Since Santosha should be the renunciation of stuff as means to ensuring happiness, what I really need to be doing is meditating on ways to achieve a higher level of contentment or ways that I already have contentment in my life outside of material goods.

But, Santosha is a journey and not a destination or a material possession itself. I am most definitely not there yet, but everyday working towards. So, Santa... maybe you could hurry down my chimney with just a few things this year...

Fresh Brown Sugar Body Polish
A Bodem Toaster...you know, for toast and stuff

Hunter Original Short Rain Boots (for those rainy Oregon days)


Moroccan Hair Oil
Minnetonka Fringed Mid Calf Boots...cuz they're awesome


Yours,

Me

PS- Forgive my imperfections...I'm not over my attachments to "stuff" quite yet

No comments:

Post a Comment