Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cartoons these days





Saturday morning with a 6 year old most definitely means cartoons. Only problem is, these cartoons are not the beloved ones that I remember from my youth. These cartoons are strange and, dare I say it, annoying! If you thought SpongeBob was weird, you were right. And so is the whole slew of new Saturday morning cartoons involving fleas, superhero dogs with butt rashes, weird people who aren't really people, and little scientist kids with cone shaped heads. What? I'm thinking the people that created these shows were doing some hardcore hallucinogenic drugs at the drawing board.

What ever happened to My Little Pony, Care Bears, The Jetsons, The Gummi Bears, Duck Tales, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Garfield and Friends, Rainbow Bright...? I could go on all day! And did those shows seem crazy to the adults of our youth?

No comments:

Post a Comment