Saturday, November 22, 2014

Leggings..

are not
could be pants.

There was a time in my life not too long ago during which I had a firm stance on the whole "leggings are not pants" issue.  I had seen just about one too many young girls flashing their undies through a poor quality see-through legging a la exhibit A.


I can't believe I am about to say this (perhaps it is the fact that I am a yoga teacher, or maybe just because I always want to be comfy this climate) but I've changed my opinion on this topic.  Drumroll please...

Leggings can sometimes be pants. But only when adhering to this set of rules:

1) Said leggings must be of the thick material variety.
2) Wearer of said leggings must wear a shirt, sweater, or jacket that at least covers 1/2 or more of the wearer's bum.
3) Said leggings must be part of an ensemble conveying a message such as, but not limited to,  "I am going to yoga", "I am going on a run", "I woke up like this", "I stayed up all night studying",  or "I work at a leggings store".

See exhibit B

exhibit B

And there you have it folks, the new stance on leggings as pants. Have a field day!

No comments:

Post a Comment