Wednesday, October 8, 2014

"There's not much you can do for a broken toe, right?"

I'm about 72% sure that I broke my middle toe yesterday. I rammed it into a hard, little stool very hard.  It hurt like hell. I'm now hobbling around.

 It must be broken, right?


All my life I've heard that "there's not much you can do for a broken toe". Upon purusing the internet, I've deduced that this old adage is in fact true. Unless your bone is sticking out or you've punctured something, there really is very little to do about a broken toe.
The best you can hope for is some medical tape so you can "buddy tape" your toe. It's really called that. I learned it on the Internet. "Buddy Taping" is when you create a splint for your 72% broken toe with another toe, like buddies do:


And there you have it. The saga of my most likely, but possibly not, broken toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment