Tuesday, August 7, 2012

South Dakota to Boulder, Colorado

Finally, out of South Dakota!

The "ooooooh yaaah"s and "doon't cha know"s were beginning to get to me.  The plains too! There's something about extremely flat prairie and grassland that creeps me out. I prefer my horizons to be spotted with trees, or at least tainted with a building here and there.  It's interesting to think that my preference for trees and aversion to flatness is shaped by where I grew up and what I'm used to. Those who grow up in the midwest are probably extremely freaked out by trees...because there are none.  With that said, the western part of South Dakota is actually very pretty.  We did begin to see some trees in the mountains and areas around Rushmore.  The rocks are amazing too.
     After another look at Mt. Rushmore and some disgusting coffee, we headed south.  We drove through some pretty desolate parts of Wyoming on our way to Boulder, CO.  Colorado is quite beautiful.  Strangely, though, the town of Boulder (which is nestled at the foot of the Rockies) reminds me of Wilmington.  Maybe I'm Wilmington way too much credit, or Boulder not enough,  but that's my assessment so far.

And again, I poach pictures from Jason.  His camera is far superior to the iphone camera, so I just gave up trying.


Mt. Rushmore is so cool!

GW's profile

Boulder campsite

Camping beers

Giant Burritos

How we cuddle


No comments:

Post a Comment