Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Last Supper

I couldn't believe it when I awoke early one morning to news that Magnolia Grill would be closing it's doors on May 31, 2012.  Interestingly enough, Jason and I had been planning an outing to the grill for a send off/we haven't had a fancy dinner in a while date.  I picked up the phone in hopes of making our reservation, and got nothing but a busy signal for hours and hours and hours that day.  Jason and I decided that we must go in person.  We did, and we got the last reservation for a 2-top in Magnolia Grill's history.  I think that makes us famous.

Last night we dined on (literally!) the best food ever.  Mag Grill has always been our favorite restaurant in the triangle area for its big bold flavors and overall awesome dining experience.  I can also remember going to the grill as a small child with my mom (sometimes, we would pretend to be famous and eat out for fancy dinners).  As a child, an elaborate dinner menu can seem not far from disgusting so our waitress offered to have the chef make me fried chicken and mashed potatoes.  You don't even need to ask me if it was the best fried chicken and mashed potatoes I've ever had.  I'll never forget that.  Mag Grill, you will always have a spot in my heart.


Pre-dinner exictey...



That illustrious sign (with an obnoxious beemer SUV in front blocking the driveway...boo!!!)




The Menu




I decide with wine flushed cheeks








Spring Salad with candied pecans

                                                  
Wild Alaskan Halibut with cauliflower chowder sauce and yummy little potatoes





Chocolate Chip Poundcake with Roasted Bananas and Banana Ice Cream







Pear Crisp (epically delicious)







 So yummy!!!





1 comment: