Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Long Road...


Here it is, the last 6 months of my life as a teacher in Durham Public Schools and I couldn't be more excited. For the past few months, I had actually begun to view my job as slightly more bearable with new administration and a new crop of wonderful students, and the sweet knowledge that it is all temporal. It's never been the students or even the administration that were so maddening. It was other things; programs, attitudes, and systems which I will refrain from mentioning specifically on the internet in case the spies are reading.
And now, knowing what I know and knowing that I will be leaving all I can see is a very long 6 month road ahead of me. I'm going to have to soldier up and endure for the end is in sight. Surely, it will fly by as the first half of the year did and the long road will be traveled and traded in for a literal long road that leads to Oregon.


Vamanos!

No comments:

Post a Comment