Monday, January 9, 2012

I want my MTV!

Remember how awesome MTV used to be? I remember getting home after school and pumping The Grind while eating saltine crackers.



Or staying up late at sleepovers to watch The Real World (the awesome ones) and planning how you were going to live in gorgeous loft apartments with all of your friends.


Or watching Beavis and Butthead when your parents weren't looking.



Or learning the ropes of 90's hip hop from Yo! MTV Raps.


Or laughing your knickers off at the inappropriate sketches of The State.


Or how about just watching music videos? I mean, wasn't that the point of MTV?


So, here's my question: Has MTV fallen drastically in its programming quality since the 90s or did I just grow up? Will the adolescents of today look back with fond nostalgia at Teen Mom and Jersey Shore?

Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment